Input your text in this area [WeSupportDeafAwareness Limited] (Us, we) operate the site and services found at [www.WeSupportDeafAwareness.org] (Website).
Definitions and interpretation
Controller, Processor, process/processing: have the definitions given to them in the DPA.
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to our processing of Personal Information, including but not limited to the DPA, the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;
DPA: the UK Data Protection Act 2018
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679;
Personal Information: information relating to living, identifiable individuals, known as “Personal Data” under the Data Protection Laws.
User or you: any person that accesses the Website
Website: the website www.WeSupportDeafAwareness.org and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, we are the "Controller" in relation to the Personal Information which we collect via the Website and its associated services. This means that we determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your personal information is processed.
5. We may collect and use the following Personal Information about you:
a. your name;
b. contact information, such as email addresses and telephone number;
c. your role; and
d. the name of your employer
How we collect Data
6. We collect your Personal Information in the following ways:
a. where you provide it to us on the Website, within a service offered through the website or otherwise in correspondence with us ;
b. where we collect information automatically on the Website (see below for details); and
c. where your employer provides information about you to us as part of your use of our services.
Personal Information that is provided by you
7. This will include, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
d. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us; and
e. when you use our services, such as signing up for and attending a course.
Personal Information that is collected automatically
8. When you access the Website, we will collect and process some Personal Information automatically (unless your browser has the relevant settings enabled), for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of your Personal Information
9. We use your Personal Information in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, we may use your Personal Information may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. our internal record keeping;
b. provision of our training programmes;
c. analysis of usage of our services;
d. supplying employer with student completion certificates where appropriate; and
e. improvements to our services.
10. We will use your Personal Information when you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, with the legal basis being the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract. Otherwise, we will use your Personal Information if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. In certain circumstances, such as where we collect or use information about your health, we will ask you for your consent to do so.
11. We will process contact details, names and role profiles of business contacts for marketing purposes
Who we share your Personal Information with
13. We may share your Personal Information as follows:
a. with our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to ensure course issues or queries are dealt with effectively;
b. with third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of your Personal Information, such as our hosting provider, and to help our printing partner fulfil orders for signage; and
c. with third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds.
Keeping your Personal Information secure
14. We will use appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Personal Information, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you; and
b. we store your Personal Information on secure servers.
15. Our technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Personal Information, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: support@WeSupportDeafAwareness.org.
Personal Information retention
18. Even if we delete your Personal Information, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Information:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Personal Information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Personal Information from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Personal Information - the right to "block" us from using your Personal Information or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Personal Information.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Personal Information including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. Please note that there may be legitimate reasons where we do not have to follow an instruction provided by you under one of the rights above. We will let you know if this applies at the time.
21. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Personal Information), please contact us via this e-mail address: simon@WeSupportDeafAwareness.org.
21. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Personal Information is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
22. It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the United Kingdom and European Economic Area
23. We use US-based suppliers to deliver the online training. Personal Information which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
24. We will only transfer Personal Information outside the UK or EEA where it is compliant with Data Protection Laws and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
25. To ensure that your Personal Information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Personal Information Personal Information with. This ensures your Personal Information is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Changes of business ownership and control
28. We may also disclose Personal Information to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
29. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.